Friday, May 15, 2009

Game Seven



I hate game sevens, for many reason. For fear that everything is decided on one basket. For one missed call. For one foul that wasn't there.

But this year's NBA was different. It was fun, exciting and good to watch, even though my beloved Pistons were out early. No doubt they were playing the tough Cavaliers. Billups' trade was proven to be the worst trade in a long long time. I hope Dumars know what he's doing. I'd like to see a Chauncey - LeBron showdown in the finals, but at the same time I'd like to see the Cinderella story of a Houston team with everything to lose to make it to the finals.

I'd like to see the arrogant Celts or the impertinent Magic get swept in the Eastern Finals by LeBron and people. I'd like to see Billups and B. Wallace playing on different side of the court.

There's so much that could happen. So much that are waiting to unfold. And yet, something is missing. After tonight, we can definitely say the Lakers are on their way out. Houston on their way in, Orlando in their way in, so are the Nuggets and Cavs, obviously. A completely different cast from several years back.

I hate it when the team I root for loses out early. Especially in one playoff season that is getting so exciting.

No comments:

About this blog

A lot of stuff about what I think, and not what I am about. Which is good, because I would be able to make fun of Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Penn State, and discuss on our futility against Ohio State. (But Woo Shoelace!)

I still think the word "god" should not be capitalized, because like oxygen or air or universe, it's an entity, and is not specific or special in its meaning.